Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I need a satchel fit for a Princess!

Dear Diary,

I think I must the luckiest little girl in the whole world.

Today, Mama got two phone calls. One from my special "CAMSP" centre, and one from the local maternelle school headmistress. Guess what?! I'm starting school on Friday 6th November!!!

I'll be going to school twice a week, on Tuesdays and Fridays. I already know my teacher, cos we went by to visit her last week. Her name is Gaëlle. Anticipating my pending Princessly arrival, Gaëlle has already glued my name to my coat-peg and prepared a little book with photos of my future class-mates so that I can get used to their faces before I start. She has even written in the words to the songs they sing so that I can recognize them when we start singing in class! Isn't she just the BEST teacher in the whole wide world?

There will be another lady - called Sandrine - who will be my helper all day long. In French, their call her an 'AVS", a kind of special assistant for special children like me. She's already there, in the classroom, waiting for me to turn up! Isn't that something! Mama says I am very blessed and incredibly lucky. I'd say she's right on that front.

I am SO excited - Gaëlle has already told the class all about me, they know I will be turning up soon, and that I am a Princess! I can't wait to go to school! Hurry up 6th November!! And to think, when I was born, that some people warned Mama and Papa that maybe I would never get as far as school .... phew, what a miracle Princess I am! (but alas, not very modest, I know)

I was so excited ... I decided to stand on my head! Click on this and take a closer look!

View this montage created at One True Media
Upside-down

4 comments:

my life: said...

I am SO excited for you!!! What a big girl you are! You are so full of life and love...it just spills out onto everything!
Speaking of all that love...tell your mama she needs to load you onto a plane and bring you to see us! ;0)

Katy said...

Wow. How wonderful!!! I hope that Charlie's school is as welcoming when it's time for him to go.

Rena said...

Have a wonderful time in school. How exciting!

Anonymous said...

A miracle indeed!

Dr. B.